Friday, May 15, 2009

Addison's Mother's Day Birthday!

The Princess and Her Cake


Having fun Making a Mess
I love my puzzle!


Who me? The Birthday Girl? Wear something silly on my head? No, my Mom wouldn't do that to me!



Never really managed a great pic in her Princess Sash and Hat! But I still love this one!




Well, its official, or at least it was last Sunday- my little teeny tiny wee baby Addison is now 1. Although, she's not so little, tiny, or wee anymore! She's a hefty 20 pounds and 1 oz, and 29 inches long, and growing every single night! Every morning I wake up and she looks bigger! Its crazy!

But I'm getting ahead of myself... back to Addison's Mother's Day Birthday! On May 10th, I woke up to the fabulous sounds of my lil one entertaining herself in her crib... she usually plays back there for at least 35 minutes before getting bossy about getting out. But, we decided to go get her almost immediately cause I was way too excited about her birthday! I mean, your baby only turns 1 once, right? So, we started with a Birthday Breakfast of bluberry waffles and milk and fruit (although, it wasn't too different from most every other morning) and then we let Addison play with some of her new birthday presents from Doug and I! She got a door that she can open/ crawl through/ ring doorbells/ turn on lights/ open windows and open mailboxes... for those of you who know what I'm talking about- she LOVED it. For those of you who don't know, get back to me later on, and I will give you the details, because its a fabulous toy! She got some more toys with lights and sounds and she seemed to enjoy them all.

Next we had to finish getting ready because not only were we celebrating her birthday, but Mother's Day lunch was at our house, too! Addison got me a GREAT beach chair that I can't wait to use this weekend, and of course, last year, she was my gift! This was my 2nd Mother's Day, and was again, wonderful! We had a huge fish fry for the family to celebrate our Mothers, and we were even lucky enough to have her Great Grandmother there as well.

After we had lunch, we put Addison down for a quick nap, and went on with the Mother's Day festivities, but once we finished with opening up Mother's Day presents, we got Addison up to open her own presents! And wow did she have a blast! I have never seen a 1 year old get so excited. She was throwing around tissue paper, pulling toys out of boxes, wanting to play with everything as it came out of the package, clapping her hands, and getting very loud in a good way! It was a lot of fun! She got TOO MANY goodies, and lots of clothes...... and then it was time for cake.

I will let the pictures tell you the story, but long version short, she loved it.

The day was so wonderful and were so happy to have our family there to share in it with us. We are very blessed to have such a healthy, happy lil girl, and a wonderful family around to see her grow up! We love you all! Awww, I think I'm going to cry! Here are the pics!





2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the Princess sash and hat! So Adorable! Glad you had a Great Mother's Day!

The Cassidys said...

wow - i just realized that you had miss addison on mother's day last year! wow - what a cool mother's day present! happy belated bday addison!